Role: Counselling Manager
Location: Dublin 4 / Hybrid
Salary: €55,000 to €58,000 (pro- rata for 4 days)
TOWARDS HEALING IS RECRUITING FOR THE POSITION OF COUNSELLING MANAGER. This is a
4 day a week role with diverse responsibilities reporting to the Director of Services. The role
requires an experienced professional who can operate with strong clinical expertise as well
as management and leadership. Towards Healing are open to supporting a clinician to develop
their management skills through ongoing training on the job and support from the Director
Towards Healing is a charitable organisation, which supportssurvivors of institutional, clerical
and religious abuse on the island of Ireland. Its mission is to enable survivors to recover, heal
and rebuild their lives by providing free professional counselling and other supports to
survivors and their family members.
The Counselling Manager will work closely with the Director of Services to manage, develop
and support our clinical work in order to meet the aims and objectives of the organisation.
The Counselling Manager is responsible for the line-management of the team of Counselling
Coordinators, as well as oversight of the work of the affiliated counsellors who provide
counselling directly to clients.
- Provide leadership, management supervision, and support to the small team of Counselling Coordinators;
- Ensure suitably qualified and experienced contracted counsellors are employed and oversee their support and monitoring;
- Work with the Director of Services in the development and delivery of training internally and externally;
- Ensure best practice policies and procedures are in place for Towards Healing’s services in line with legislation and advances in professional knowledge, particularly complex trauma;
- Work with the Director of Services on the implementation of Towards Healing’s strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Trustees, advising on future directions of the counselling service;
- Manage the performance of the counselling service, including capacity, activity, and finance against agreed targets and the needs of service users;
- Deputise for the Director of Service in her absence.
Delivery of Counselling
- Provide overall clinical leadership to Towards Healing and its services;
- Monitor and evaluate the client’s journey within Towards Healing’s services to enhance the quality of the services and ensure survivor voices are heard at every stage;
- Work with the Director of Services and counselling coordinators in the development and delivery of groups to survivors;
- Maintain a small caseload of counselling clients;
- Carry out assessments of new clients;
- Ensure appropriate supervision is in place for the Counselling Coordinators and affiliate counsellors.
- Manage the counselling budget with support from the Director of Services;
- Establish and maintain records, monitoring, and evaluation systems using Salesforce and other means;
- Be responsible for the administrative work associated with the role;
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and development days;
- Participate in line-management and reviews with the Director of Services;
- Undertake from time to time such other tasks as may be required in connection with the role.
Support to the Director of Services and Board of Trustees
Support the Director of Services and Board of Trustees in its governance and management of Towards Healing where clinical matters are concerned by:
- Providing regular reports to the Director of Services for the Board of Trustees;
- Contribute to strategic funding decisions, bringing knowledge and information about the needs of counselling service users and other clinical support needs;
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings by invitation, as requested;
- Support the Board of Trustees in the implementation of long-term strategy where clinical matters are concerned;
- Assist the Board of Trustees in policy formulation in relation to clinical matters and being responsible for effective implementation.
TERMS OF ROLE
The post is for 4 days per week (Tuesday to Friday) and is currently delivered on a hybrid
basis, working both remotely and in Towards Healing offices, located in Dublin 4.
The full-time salary scale is €55,000 to €58,000 (pro-rata for 4 days) based on skills and
experience. Competitive annual leave, excellent working conditions, and other benefits.
- Hold a qualification at Level 7 or higher on the QQI framework in a human science
discipline (medical, psychological, social, educational) or equivalent;
- Hold a degree or post-graduate qualification in counselling, or psychotherapy recognised
by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP), or one of the five
sections within the Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP);
Have full accredited membership with IACP or one of the five sections within ICP,
or full member of the Clinical or Counselling Psychology Division of the Psychological
Society of Ireland (PSI).
- A minimum of 3 years counselling experience post-accreditation, including work with childhood abuse and/or complex trauma.
- Be insured to work as a psychotherapist or counselling psychologist in Ireland.
- Have experience in delivering groupwork.
- Have a strong knowledge of counselling ethics and practice.
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating a staff team.
- Ability to develop the counselling services to ensure that the organization’s strategic goals are realized.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to learn and adapt and encourage the same in others.
- Flexible, with the ability to work on own initiative and cooperatively.
- Strong sense of self-care.
To apply for the Counselling Manager Role, please follow these steps:
- Prepare a cover letter (no more than 1 page) and your CV.
- Send your cover letter and CV via email to: [email protected]
- Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by Friday, 24th November 2023.
- Please clearly mark your email subject as: Counselling Manager Role Application.